Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Light Box Woes

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon creating this light box. The directions were on the web here. I thought I'd found a real bargain when I discoverd foam core board at the dollar store, a savings of $2 from Fred Meyer's price. I made a separate trip to the hardware store for the masking tape and clip-on lights. It went together easily, just like the instructions said. But sadly, my photos came out all yellow. So I read some more and I needed "full spectrum" light bulbs. So back to the store (third trip). But the photos were still yellow. Now this morning I'm thinking dismantle the whole thing? It takes up an awful lot of room to not work. Maybe the bargain foam core board wasn't such a bargain. It does seem to be just the foam core with no poster board. Anyway, I wanted it for taking pictures with my digital camera of scrapbook layouts and those come out way better if I just put them on the floor in front of a window (natural light) and take a picture standing on a chair.

No comments: