Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blankie


My daughter says I'm stuck in 1987. Actually, it's October, 1987, to be precise. I've had these photos and been wanting to scrap them for quite some time. I also had my DD tattered yet beloved blankie that I wanted to incorporate into the page. In honor of Valentine's Day I scrapped these pictures finally. The blanket was very loved. And I love the way this came out because now she can actually feel the blanket in all its softness. The touch may bring back some memories. I even put a bit of the satin binding on there. The paper is Graphics 45 (love their stuff). The mat behind the left page photo is a Fancy Felt Mattie from KaiserCraft (those Aussies are doing some amazing things with scrapbooks). The right side opens to reveal the journaling and some photos of the blanket in all its shredded wonder. Yes, I did actually cut the blanket up but when you see the photos you will know why. It was literally hanging together by a thread. Funny though, even now I am stressed to toss it. Can't really read the journaling in the photo because I wrote it by hand with a light pink marker. But how precious to remember those days and those feelings.

No comments: