Friday, April 3, 2009

Allie and Josh


When she said, "Mom, do you think you could make these for my cake topper?" I said, "Sure, no problem." Wow, what was I thinking? Hats off to you, Ann Wood. Your birds are so adorable and so wonderfully made. No one can copy you. But after months of trial and error (at least 4 in the trash I think), I did finally come up with what I would call "The Best Imitation Ann Wood Birds" I've seen. We actually ended up ordering one of her non-sweetheart birds just to be sure we were on the right track. And I would also recommend this hilarious article. It seemed like we'd never have a chance to order one of the cake topper pairs; they sell out almost immediately. So I am grateful I was able to make these. Allison would have been crushed if I had not been successful. Her cake lady is doubting their ability to remain upright on the sea of frosting but there is something wonderfully expressive about these little stuffed creatures. And yes, Josh does have a top hat now.

Here they are from the back:

Getting so excited for the wedding now. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go. Glad this one BIG task is done.

No comments: